Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Uber-chocolate muffins

You know sometimes when you just NEED chocolate? This is the closest to an instant IV drip of homemade chocolate goodness that you can get.

As of now I am officially "on a diet"  - so of course I need chocolate!

I often have cravings for those warm chocolate muffins with melting choc chunks in that you get in cafes and supermarkets. Well, this is them. But without all the weird chemical preservatives. I cannot tell you how good they are.

I was told off last year for sharing recipes on how to use up easter eggs - no one has to do that I was told - well we do - so that's how we made our chocolate chunks!

Adapted from Joy of Baking who in turn borrowed it from King Arthur Flour  Baker's Companion!





Makes 12

1/2 cup melted butter
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups plain flour
2/3 cup unsweetened top quality cocoa powder - I use Green and Blacks
1 1/4 cups soft light brown sugar
1 tsp cream of tartar - or baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 medium easter egg, smashed or 1 cup milk choc chips/ chunks

Method:

Melt butter and leave to cool slightly.

Sieve raising agents and cocoa powder into a bowl. Add flour and sugar. Stir well with a spoon till evenly combined.

Mix together liquid ingredients, then stir them into the dry ones with a whisk until combined. Do not over whisk.

Spoon into cases in muffin tin. Cook at 180 degrees (370 F) for 15- 20 mins.

Eat warm!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your sweet thoughts!

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...